Hello everyone! Kelly here — originally from Kelly Cooks…and Other Amazing Feats!
I started my cooking blog as a hobby after my wedding in November 2007.
I’m starting Kelly B Well (play on words…my last name starts with “B”) in order to better organize and track workouts, note delicious healthy recipes I come across (apart from my normal, sometimes-indulgent recipes on Kelly Cooks), post interesting health links I find amusing, and anything else health related.
I imagine at some point there may even be pregnancy health information, and I hope this site will give me room to grow and express more of what health and fitness mean in my life.
So! That all being said….here’s some facts:
- My name is Kelly (duh)
- I live in Pennsylvania, in a moderately-sized town
- I will be 28 on February 24th, 2010
- I started exercising in October 2006 in preparation for said wedding in November 2007
- When I started going to the gym, I was lethargic, agitated (from agoraphobia and other anxiety issues), and 200 pounds
- Now would be a good time to mention I’m 5’6″ — so yeah, I was heavy
- As of January 2010, I am still maintaining a 4-5 day a week gym habit, along with yoga at home and walking the dog (daily…or as weather permits now that it’s winter)
- I’m still 5’6″ — and now I’m 160 pounds (technically still overweight, but I’m much happier in my skin)
- I love to run, but chronic piriformis syndrome pain is keeping me from truly pursuing it
- I lift weights (heavy), do yoga, use a variety of cardio mechanisms (treadmills, elliptical, stair master, stationary bike, regular bike)
- I can’t think of anything else to say
So! That’s me in a nutshell. If you have questions, feel free to ask!