Holy mother of Mondays! It’s only 11:43 a.m. as I type this, and today has certainly been “a case of the Mondays” here at work!
I kind of fell off the face of the planet last week. Here’s how it went down:
- Did my full body weights workout and 15 minutes of warm-up cardio on the elliptical – the gym was still insanely hot. I find it incredibly hard to make strength gains when it’s that hot. 1h10m=507 calories burned
- Dave had to have a procedure in the morning, so I was his driver. They were giving him anesthesia, so he needed a ‘keeper’ LOL
- Procedure went well, but I took the rest of the day off any way to spend with him. I feel bad – I wasn’t very good about being there for him at the office. See, I hate medical areas….the smell, the weird sterile-but-full-of-germs feel….it makes me feel like I’m going to pass out. So I wasn’t exactly able to sit with him as long as I should’ve been. 😦
- Made it to the gym mid-afternoon for a 20 minute HIIT session on the elliptical, and abs (Ball Pass-over, Twisting Crunches, Planks). 50m=403 calories burned
- Ended up eating both breakfast (eggs, toast, home fries for me) AND dinner (grilled chicken with bbq sauce, sweet potato, salad) out (at Dave’s request), so by evening my tums was unhappy…I vastly prefer to eat my own food at home! I spent the rest of the evening on the couch watching Golden Girls and Cheers re-runs and doing laundry.
- The usual – cleaning, errands, shopping for a dress for a wedding.
- The hubs went fishing in the evening with a friend, and I somehow ended up cleaning out and rearranging all of our food cupboards, the upstairs freezer, and all of my clothes. Don’t ask me where THAT came from. LOL
- Fed myself – whole wheat pasta with organic sauce and some fresh parm. Divine.
- Weeded and sorted out my garden (I had a few plants to thin out and move around)
- Shopped for a dress for the wedding again – and was successful this time. I am by no means petite, but I bought a petite dress and it fit perfectly. In a smaller size than I normally wear. In the clearance section. Fate, anyone?
- Hubs wanted ice cream, so we went out for ice cream in the evening. I ordered a small cone – and it was the size of my head. Apparently I need to order the child size next time.
- Had leftover spicy honey chicken and green beans for dinner
This morning has just been…chaotic. That’s the best word. I just finished telling Dave yesterday that Mondays tend to be easy at my job, and mid-week tends to be a mess. Apparently I’m paying the price for saying that.
Citrucel on the way to work – 7:45 a.m.
Breakfast – 9:45 a.m.
A quickly devoured bowl of Puffins and Red Berry with fresh strawberries (local strawberries are almost done 😦 My farmer’s market guy tells me one more week!) and milk (consumed after an entirely-too-long staff meeting which lasted until 9:45 a.m.)
I emailed the hubs before lunch and told him Monday was basically handing me my own butt, and he wrote back with:
“Hang in there, love. Monday is almost half dead, and there’s a great workout and a happy puppy waiting for you on the other side”
Lunch – 12:15 p.m.
I had the ingredients to make one last traded-up greek salad, so that was today’s lunch
I didn’t eat it all…I think the stress of the day affected my appetite. I ate ¾ of what I packed.
Strong hankering for the new M&M’s with pretzels in them after lunch though. Holy crap. Alas, none were to be found within the vicinity of my workplace.
But Dark Chocolate M&M’s were:
Snack – 3:45 p.m.
½ a Clif Crunchy Peanut Butter bar…I wasn’t feeling that great (headache from computer work all day!) and it was quick.
Exercise – 4:50 p.m.
15 minutes on the treadmill walking hills as warm up
Gentle stretching to work out the kinks from sitting in a desk chair all day 🙂 I normally do:
- Lay on the floor with feet flat on the ground, concentrating on relaxing the lower back and letting it come to rest on the mat
- Stretch legs out completely and lay in corpse pose until lower back is released and relaxed
- Curl knees up to chest and do some gentle knee-to-chest-and-release spinal rolls
- Do spinal rolls from side to side
- Do ‘rolling like a ball’ from Pilates…tuck legs in and wrap hands under your knee joints and roll yourself up onto your butt bones, then back down
- Lay flat on back and stretch legs straight up to the ceiling and hold them there for a bit
- Roll over and do some cat/cow poses, ending in child’s pose for a moment
- Stand up and do 2-3 sun salutations to work through some movement
That’s just standard “I sat at a desk all day” stuff I do. I normally incorporate for my hips as well, but I’ve REALLY slacked on my hip stuff lately. How can I tell? When I breathe, they pop. Seriously.
Today was the Oxygen full body workout again — thank GOD the gym wasn’t hot today – and I made some strength gains. I’ll be sore tomorrow. LOL I’m already thinking Wednesday might be a high reps/low weight day for recovery.
I swear I’ll get that Google document up here! LOL
1h15m @ the gym = 530 calories burned
Headed home to water the garden and walk the happy puppy 🙂
Had a great quote today at the gym, with a weight lifting friend…
“There’s no crying in weightlifting…some sobbing, maybe…but no crying!!”
Dinner – 7:30 p.m.
Monday is Dave’s steak night! Woot!
Filet mignon on the grill, steamed broccoli, and some pasta sprayed with margarine and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Hit the spot.
Dessert – 9:00 p.m.
I pulled 4 cookies worth of dough out of my frozen chocolate chip cookie dough stash, baked them up, cooled them, and slathered some slow-churned Edy’s vanilla bean between them. One for me, one for Dave.