Back to Monday!
Dave and I had a very full weekend – but I’m finding that I’m happier here as of late..so apparently ‘breaking my routine’ isn’t as bad or scary as I thought. Apparently I need it! LOL
- Pretty standard…I wasn’t going to go to the gym, but pushed through and went. I did a 25 minute interval routine on the stationary bike, and the P90X ab workouts, then headed out to do other errands (was at the gym – working out – for 48 minutes, burned 392 calories)
- Ran some errands (BJ’s , the bank) and headed home to DH. I walked the dog while he worked on digging out post holes for new fencing along our basement entrance
- Dinnertime came (and went – we didn’t get to dinner until 9pm!), and with it, the husbands deep and abiding desire for Chinese buffet. He claimed he had dug post holes for hours and deserved it. LOL
- I ended up with 1 plate at the buffet – veggie medleys, chicken and broccoli, a little white rice, and 2 crab rangoons because I adore those damn things
- Farmer’s Market and Walmart for me, grocery store for Dave – regrouped at home and went to Lowes together where we dropped ridiculous amounts of money on fencing for DH’s project and rabbit fencing for my garden. Holy crap that was expensive 🙂
- Headed home, Dave and the pup headed outside to build fence, while I cleaned the house
- Spent the evening with Dave installing my garden fence. Which, incidentally, was way harder than Dave’s ‘wood’ fence project for some reason. LOL
- Served up leftover pork barbacoa pork tacos with rice and black beans, and all the fixin’s!
- Rain. Lots of rain. Rainity rain rain.
- Ran errands (got my rings cleaned/checked, bought protein powder, bought kneepads (insert jokes here) for gardening, and returned a couple of items), finished laundry
- Planted garden. In the rain. And mud. But hey – I didn’t have to water it when I was done! LOL It took me 2 hours to plant: corn, cucumbers, japalenos, watermelon, snap peas, sweet mini peppers, green beans (2 varieties), tomatoes (4 varieties) , and strawberries.Something better grow, dammit. 🙂
- Finally collapsed on the couch (after basically having Dave hose the mud off me) at 8:30 for a quick Subway dinner. I had a 6” tuna on whole wheat (was SO hungry for tuna) with spinach, lettuce, and pickles, and ½ bag of BBQ baked lays (shared with Dave)
- Found myself incredibly hungry an hour later and had a small mug of puffins/dark chocolate granola with milk. Ahh, perfect.
Back to the grind. At least my breakfast rocked…
Citrucel on the way to work – 7:45 a.m.
Breakfast – 9:00 a.m. (after staff meeting!)
2 Hodgson’s Mills Whole Wheat waffles with real maple syrup, and ½ this crazy Odwalla protein drink. I had them in the fridge, so it seemed like an easy protein ‘add’ to my breakfast. It wasn’t bad – a little chalky – but I have serious texture issues with food so others might think it’s fine.
Wasn’t hungry at all for a snack – which is fine – so I held off until lunch:
Lunch – 12:15 p.m.
6” whole wheat with turkey and ham, spinach, lettuce, tomato and pickle from subway (had Dave get it last night with dinner); carrot/pepper/celery sticks, and some pirates booty for snackage factor
2:00 p.m. – Special K Fruit Crisps. I don’t pretend these are good for you, but I got them from a co-worker and they’re really tasty.
3:45 p.m. – Oikos greek yogurt and fresh strawberries, with just a SPRINKLE of puffins for crunch 🙂
Swiped a full-body plan from Oxygen’s June 2010 edition. But while we’re talking about great plans, have you checked out The Fitnessista’s new Summer Shape Up? I think it’s her best one yet!
15 minutes warmup cardio on the ellipticizer, and then…
|Pile Squat||8 – 10||12.5 / 12.5 / 15|
|Dumbbell Row||10 – 12||10 / 10 / 12.5|
|Alternating Dumbbell Curl||10 – 12||12.5 / 12.5 / 15|
|Dumbbell Step-Up||8 – 10||7.5 / 7.5 / 10 (high bench)|
|Flat-Bench Dumbbell Chest Press||10 – 12||12.5 / 12.5 / 15|
|Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press||10 – 12||10 / 10 / 12.5|
|Seated Tricep Extension||8 – 10||12.5 / 12.5 / 15|
|Stiff-Legged Deadlift||8 – 10||12.5 / 12.5 / 15|
|Cross-Bench Pullover||10 – 12||10 / 10 / 12.5|
|Standing Dumbbell Cross-Chest Curl||10 – 12||10 / 10 / 12.5|
1h15m @ the gym: 523 calories burned
I’m going to try this Oxygen circuit for a little while (I miss sticking with a plan long enough to see gains) but may give Gina’s a try after this 🙂
Headed home to walk the pup for about 30 minutes, as usual. She loves walks – especially when we head to the local park where all the kids are practicing soccer. My dog thinks people live to pet her.
Monday = Dave cooks (which means steak night)
Dave works his ‘hardest’ weights day on Monday, so he always insists we have red meat/juicy steaks for dinner. I think it’s funny 🙂
Venison steaks, steamed broccoli, and I had a sweet potato tonight (was hungry for it) and DH had pasta tossed in olive oil as usual
Quick evening here. I’m going to post this blog entry, watch the season finale of Chuck, and read a chapter or so of my book and head to bed.
Some Great Links
- I definitely relate to this – I most often crave sugar 1) at work in the afternoon (stress?) and 2) in the evening after dinner. I can’t pinpoint a reason for after dinner, other than maybe I am still dehydrated from my workout pre-dinner? I’m going to incorporate more liquids (consciously) between my workout and my evening ‘relax’ time and see if that helps.
- The Chicken/CousCous salad looks divine. Might have to try that one.
Of course…this link says they aren’t really the same company, so who knows.
I say it’s just fishy that they won’t let anyone know where they get their stuff. For the prices they want, I wanna know where it comes from. I’m just sayin’.