I’m feeling a bit snarky today (I guess that means I’m feeling better? Haha)
- I’m jealous of people who work from home/don’t work/go to school/whatever. Your meals are always so delicious and calmly prepared-looking, while all of mine are shown in Tupperware containers, on a faux laminated wood desk, under bad fluorescent lighting. We don’t even have a kitchenette where I could keep plates and pretend to eat like a real person. I wash my dishes – wait for it – in the bathroom.(Thus bringing all my dishes home if I can!) Maybe I should at least buy attractive Tupperware. Ha!
- I’m jealous of people who work from home/don’t work/go to school/whatever, because they talk about how invigorating it is to go out in the a.m. and walk the dog, run, etc. I know some people who work do this, but I can’t imagine fitting it in while it’s light out and still getting to work on time.
- I’m angry that my YMCA – that I love in all other aspects – offers all their cool classes in the middle of the frickin’ day. Not early, not evening. 10am – 3pm, to be exact, is when all the fun stuff is. What the hell? Who does those classes?! I guess the people I’m jealous of in the first two bullets. Cuz the rest of us in the working world who only get 30 minutes for lunch certainly can’t participate.
- When I don’t feel good, all I want is junk. Why is that? I saw a huge coconut and chocolate easter egg at the store (I’m talking huge…maybe 2 pounds?) and actually contemplated buying it and eating before I even got out of the parking lot. I abstained.
- I’m jealous of people who don’t have issues eating. I mean eating in general. I have so many “tummy troubles” it isn’t even funny. I’ve come a long way through trial and error, but it’s still an agonizing decision to eat out, eat someone else’s cooking, etc. I never know what I’ll get. It makes things that should be fun – like vacations, dinner out with friends, etc – a hassle.
- I feel like I miss out on a lot because of the agoraphobia issues. Fitbloggin was in Baltimore last weekend – a mere 45 minute drive from my house – and I didn’t attend, because even that small-distance travelling is terrifying. Especially when I do it alone. So frustrating. Here again, I’ve made a lot of strides, and can do most things, but traveling, especially alone, continues to be a huge challenge.
The good news? I’m feeling better today. Still a little stuffy on the right side of my face, but feeling 10x better nonetheless.
I think I’m going to lift today, but maybe kick the weight down a bit so I don’t push too hard too fast.
Leftover 10-grain blueberry pancakes from Friday. With maple syrup.
None, I ate three pancakes!
I packed tuna and a lavash wrap to assemble at work, but I had a meeting from 11:30 – 1:30 with my boss, and when she suggested the farmer’s market on the way back, I couldn’t say no.
I ended up with a potato burrito: potatoes, black beans, salsa, guacamole, rice and a little sour cream.
Amazing and delicious.
A whole wheat mini bagel with peanut butter and strawberry jam. Deeeelicious! I packed fruit as well, but my lunch was so late I didn’t need it.
I forged ahead with lifting today.
10 minutes warmup on the elliptical, then:
2 sets of 10, at a moderate weight (I didn’t want to lift heavy and tucker myself out after my sickness)
- Seated Leg Press
- Single Leg Seated Leg Press
- Leg Extension
- Hamstring Curl
- Chest Press
- Bicep Curl to Military Press
- Bent Over Row to Tricep Kickback
- Assisted Pullup (using Smith Machine)
In between each exercise, I added some abs to “make up” for not getting some in yesterday. I know it isn’t a perfect situation, but this week is pressed for gym time as it is.
- High Planks with Forearm Touch 2×10
- Crunch with Alternating Leg Extensions 2×10 each side
- Lower Back Extensions 2×10
- Lying Side Oblique Crunches 2×10 each side
- Scissor Kicks 2×20 each side
- Seated Crunch Leg Pull-In 2×10
HRM says 515 calories burned in 1h15m.
Spinach/sausage stuffed shells and salad. I’m always trying different stuffed shell recipes. I can’t find one that’s just right. My “second mommy” (my best friend’s mom from home) makes the absolute best ones, and she never uses a recipe, so it’s impossible to duplicate!
See that? That’s my ratty old couch, WITH A HOLE IN IT.
Holly took it upon herself to destroy the cushion on the end today.
I need windows.
I can’t buy furniture.
My dog hates being crated, and doesn’t generally destroy things. And yet, here we are.
And she’s cute. (Yes, she’s using a stuffed squirrel as a pillow.)
Crappity crap crap.