I found this neat little “10 on Tuesday” thing via a few different blogs, but apparently it originated at Roots and Rings. It isn’t specifically health and fitness related, but I thought it might fall under ‘wellness’/get to know you.
1. If you could open any type of store/place of business (money is no obstacle), what would you open?
A bookstore/bakery/healthy lunch spot. I know that’s actually a lot of businesses in one, but still. I adore books and think it would be awesome to own a bookshop where people could come and relax and read, eat, chat, whatever.
2. If all jobs paid equally, what occupation would you want? Why?
Equestrienne. I showed horses as a child and miss it desperately as an adult, however, I can’t afford to keep the hobby going now that I’m a “responsible adult”
3. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you pick? Why?
A horse. There’s no freedom like seeing a horse running full out. It’s truly amazing. And I’d love to experience it (without having to be the rider!)
4. If offered one “service” free of charge, which would you choose? (chauffeur, maid, personal shopper, chef, etc.)
I don’t have children yet, but my biggest worry about having children is daycare. So I’m going to say nanny. Hands-absolutely-down. I could probably also use a personal shopper…I’m not so good with the fashion.
5. What is one habit, no matter how hard you try, you just can’t seem to break?
Hair twirling. I’m the hair twirling champion of the world. When I’m agitated, don’t feel good, or an uncomfortable, it’s nearly impossible to keep my fingers out of my hair. It’s bad.
6. What is one thing that no matter how many you own, you still love to buy all the time?
Baking accessories. Any baking accessory.
7. Out of all the game shows (past and present), which would you want to be a participant on and play?
Jeopardy. But since it’s been awhile since I watched, I’d probably only qualify for the junior version. haha
8. If you could play the lead role in any movie that’s already been made, which movie would you pick?
I really don’t do acting. So I guess a movie with a hunky co-star? LOL At least get to enjoy the view….(actually coming up with said movie, though, is more difficult)
9. Name 5 things on your bucket list (things you want to do before you die).
I don’t really have a bucket list. I’m one of those people who gets agitated when things don’t get marked off the “to-do” list in short order, so I feel like a bucket list would just make me irritated. LOL I’d love to own horses again, I’d love to be able to run again and compete in a few 5k/10k races (injuries and unstable hips have kept me from it).
10. Which one of your birthdays was the best? What did you do that day?
I don’t remember any ONE birthday over the others. All my birthdays were awesome. In my family, birthdays weren’t about having every neighborhood kid in the tri-state area at your house for parties…in my family, birthdays were family affairs, to be celebrated WITH family. And looking back, I wouldn’t have had it any other way.